Saturday, October 16, 2021

Personal Care

Hi Everyone! My name is Trey Quinn, and I am a 4th year Computer Science student simultaneously pursuing my Bachelors and Masters degrees from Georgia Tech. I also just happen to have Cerebral Palsy, a physical disability that impacts my speech, fine motor, and mobility. I employ a staff of rotating caregiving assistants to help me with everyday tasks. I am currently looking for some one to work for me on Friday nights (6 PM till 12 AM) as well as Saturdays (flexible/splittable hours between staff members).

My current staff members often describe this job as getting paid to hang out with a good friend. Minimum job requirements would include feeding me, prepping meals, assisting with personal hygiene (brushing teeth, bathing, tolieting, etc), light housework around my on-campus apartment (vacuuming/sweeping as needed, taking out the trash as needed, occasionally doing laundry, etc), helping people understand my speech in social situations (parties, hanging out with friends, job interviews, etc) and running occasional errands. Bonus points if you have a car that can transport my fold-up walker, have enough knowledge of college-level STEM materials to occasionally write out my verbal solutions to my homework assignments, and/or have a sense of humor that is as dark and twisted as mine. Pay is $15 an hour tax-free. I don’t negotiate pay, so don’t try. This job is especially ideal for college students or young alumni interested in pursuing careers related to healthcare, biomedical engineering, special education, or disability law/advocacy.

Contact me at rquinn33@gatech.edu if interested in interviewing.