Monday, March 15, 2021

The Doctor Is In: Volume XII

 


The need for adjustment related to time changes always baffles me.  I’m often wondering why we do this, and when we do, I am left to think about why my body always takes a while to adapt.  I love the early morning, and it really makes it tough to lose my morning sunrise here for a bit.  Yet, as the days get longer (and warmer), I know that soon I will see the sun again early in the morning while out and about town on my bike.  I use that time for reflection, and at least a couple days a week, I route my trip through Piedmont Park to see the view that I share above.  I never get tired of this view.  I took this pic just today at 7:53 am.  It’s a visual reminder to stop, reflect and remind myself of what’s happening.

As the semester moves along, try to spend some time this week reflecting.  Remind yourself of what you’ve accomplished, what else you have to do, but also think about all of the things for which you’re grateful.  A year ago, we had no idea what the future would hold.  And while it has been challenging, it has also been inspiring to watch life, and ourselves, adjust and adapt to a different ‘normal’.

The clocks have sprung forward, the flowers and trees are springing forward…but give yourself some time to reflect, and your mind & body will catch up.  Stay well, stay connected…and stay socially distanced while we tackle this pandemic.